Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thriving in Thigh Socks: How to Pull Them Off!




Thigh Socks.
Yeah, that's right!
I decided to go off my normal track today and go for something a little riskier.

It's chilly in my town today, and I wasn't feeling the summer heat (fall is finally here, and I'm ready for the hot chocolate, pumpkin spice lattes and warm sweaters!) that I should have been. So, instead of daydreaming about Sperry's or blazers, I started thinking about a solution for a chilly autumn day...
And I came up with thigh socks. I soon became overwhelmed with the possibilities! With dresses, shorts, skater skirts, pleated "school girl" skirts, booties, over hosiery, out of boots, with heels.. There was just so many!

So, here it goes. Just a few, for you.
Just a couple tips!
*If you are wearing denim, don't always wear black socks. Come on, this is one of my first rules of fashion! Wearing colors like brown, grey, or denim with black just provide a terrible color scheme. Wear denim and brown, black and white. Sometimes black and some denims looks odd and out of place. Feel free to wear them together if you must, but also try out some other options! I love the idea of charcoal grey thigh socks.
*Make sure the socks are fitted! Your street fashion game is high until you have to bend over and rip up your socks to keep them from being knee socks instead!

With shorts!
I am adding this outfit to my list of  "It's a little chilly out, and I don't want to be boring". I really love the small black shorts, the gap and then the sleek socks, really brings out her long (gorgeous!) legs. As I hope it would do for me and you.

With skirts!
(I guess who ever this model is did a bunch of takes in these socks... I'm not copying her, I swear. Everything here is my own. She just has pretty good taste, besides the black and brown thing. And the over accessorizing thing.)
Socks like this add just a girly touch on a everyday outfit. It's an easy and chic solution to chilly weather!

With a dress... Pretty self explanatory. I like the look of a looser dress though, since a tight dress is often slightly risque with the socks.



Pair some high socks with a cute plaid skirt and pull of the "Cute (or hot) School girl"! Very, very cute.
With boots! (You get how to wear them by now, so I'll just label what they are)

Add on to a little black dress!


Pair with some leather to "Get Punky" *Studs and BA attitude not included.

Over hosiery for a less exposed, sweater weather look.


With plain heels...

Sorry, today I only have time for nine (some general, some specific) ways to pull off these thigh high socks! I helped it at least gave you an idea, or just showed you what exactly you're seeing on the runway!
Thanks for reading, please (please X 1,000) Comment, share, +1, or anything else.
Thank you again so much!
Stay Fabulous.
xx
Mata


No comments:

Post a Comment