Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Denim Shirts; What To Wear With Chambrays




Chic. Modern. And can make just about any outfit cute? Yes, we're talking about denim shirts here.

I personally love this trend and I'm super excited to see it everywhere this year. It can go with a spring, summer, fall or winter outfit so I'll give examples on how to look great in any season!

Firstly, you must know that the most important thing about denim shirts is that you have to wear the right size. Keep them fitted and I'd opt for a tight waist to keep your curves looking beautiful.
Secondly, if you're wearing shorts or a skirt, tuck your shirt in. If you're wearing long pants, you have the option whether or not to leave it out.



The first and most common denim shirt look is to pair it with some white shorts. The shorts will make your legs look super tan (no need for hours in the sun here!) and will offset and not clash with the shirt. 
I personally love to add on a thick brown belt, like the picture.



And then there's the white jeans. Skinny jeans are more common, but I also love the big flares. This girl is killing it with her thick belt and wedges.


The little black dress? Um, hell yes. Pair your masculine shirt with a fitted LBD for the perfect, chic, balanced look.


The maxi skirt. You can wear nearly any color or pattern maxi skirt you want and feel super comfy, looking super chic. Try a vibrant pleated maxi skirt to add just a little more to your everyday look.



My personal favorite is bright shorts with the denim shirts. They make your legs look great (the more neon, the better) and balance out the shirt with the perfect color scheme. Gorgeous.



Try a black skater skirt. I suggest tucking your shirt in to really highlight your waist and curves and even add a belt if you want to. It's perfect!



The feminine denim on denim. I love this look! You don't have to be wearing a skirt for this, just a fitted shirt and pants. I like the thought of exposing a little hip or stomach to really keep it light and summer-y.


 Denim shirt and lace skirt. Again, tuck in your shirt to highlight your curves and add in a belt to really tie together your look.



And then comes the tight little skirt. That Taylor Swift song was named Style for a reason (I've got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt). I love this look for anything from going to the mall, an interview or a cup of coffee at your favorite shop.



Black Leggings. Those of you who have read some of my earlier stuff, you know that I'm usually not a fan of leggings. But, when paired with a nice chambray shirt, can look cute! I would love this look with a pair of nice boots for any ordinary day, like going to class or shopping.



And, you don't just have to wear your shirt normally. A simple tie around your waist is a unique, modern and hot look that's perfectly casual. Keep the rest of your outfit fairly discrete and keep the patterns to a low.



For a nice summer look, go for the tight and loose. Go for a fitted shirt, little skirt and then you can slide on a looser denim shirt. Going to a bonfire and it might get a little chilly? Done. Summer outfit with a light shirt to keep off the chills.



And of course, the black skinny jeans. You don't have to tuck your shirt in for this one! It's the perfect balance of loose and tight.

The point is, there are tons of ways to rock your denim shirt! I hoped this helped. 
I know I'm really excited to pull off some of these looks this fall.
xx
Mata.

No comments:

Post a Comment