Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Scoop On Summer Hats (2015)

In the hot summer sun, it's important to protect your skin with more than just the basic sunscreen. But, you don't want to ruin your outfit, do you? A cute summer hat is the answer. For many of us fashionistas, we flinch at the thought of a hat.  But Girls, fear not, for I am now here to help you find a cute, chic and efficient summer hat.

First things first, let's get to know our hats.




1. The Cowboy Hat. You're probably dismissing this look, but at least give it a shot. You can add a southern vibe, make an outfit boho or pair it with some cute patterns or fabrics for a nice summer feel. You can get tons of different styles (depending on your own preference) and match it to your daily wardrobe. I'm totally looking for a light leather brown cowboy hat to add to my boho outfits and protect my face (Um, wrinkles will never be in style!) from the hot and lovely summer sun.


2. Fedoras. I began avoiding fedoras years ago, but I think they got a bad rep. I would wear every single one in the picture above. You can add them to nearly any look to make it demure, modern, simple, artistic, chic and casual. Try wearing it with a classic tank and shorts for a relaxed summer look or pair it with your favorite LBD if you're hitting the city. 
Tip: Make sure your colors match! That's my only concern. Remember that jeans look good with browns and whites look good with blacks. For a summer look, I'd generally stick to a creme, brown or straw fedora because I'm usually wearing light colors and denim.

Bowknot Banded Hat

3. Boater hats. Okay, so a boater hat is usually made of straw, with a ribbon of some color or design. Usually this ribbon is a neutral color (or your fav color) and is fairly thick. You can wear this with a ton of summer looks but I'd keep it casual. For example, try a basic tee  or tank and your favorite jean shorts and throw on a matching  boater hat. No sun damage and a totally cute and unique look.



4. Snapbacks (also known as trucker hats). These babies are perfect for a modern, casual and tomboyish look. Since I'm personally extremely girly, I'd stick to a fitted outfit with basic colors (the one in the picture is perfect) so I still look like a woman, but not a middle school girl. I suggest wearing your hair down if you want to keep it feminine.



5. Floppy hats. First of all, I feel that there is two kinds of styles for floppy hats and these styles depend completelty on the color.
Okay, so floppy hats are the most popular kind of summer hat and frankly, are super easy to wear. I'll add some outfit ideas below but basically, make the colors match and make sure you balance the level of tightness in your outfit. Meaning, a LBD and a floppy hat are perfect, but not a big sweater and boyfriend jeans and clunky boots. It's called Boho, not hobo, right?

 
A lighter colored floppy hat (or basically anything that isn't black) is typically more casual and I'd stick to them during the summer because 1. They're casual  and 2. Black hats are going to get insanely hot, just think about it.




Black floppy hats can be used for summer (as shown) but are usually for more sophisticated outfits and usually are more in the winter season. Remember that black absorbs all light, the most of any color, so if you're outside, the top of your head is going to be burning real fast.

Here's some outfit ideas:

Note: Like I said, the floppy hat is the most popular, so a lot of these outfits are based around it. However, you can usually sub in a fedora as well.




I LOVE THIS! Personally, I would have gone with a cowboy hat (not a floppy one) I still love the look of a cute and femineine dress with a hat. It's the perfect fun and free look for summer. Also, where can I get that dress? Based on the pattern, I'd guess it's a Forever 21.




The most basic look for a summer hat is definitely your favorite LBD with a classic floppy hat. It's perfect for a date, going to the beach, going to the mall and ever other way you may want to spend summer 2015.



Cowgirl hat and button down (or denim). You're probably thinking "Um, I'm not country?". Hold on! Look how cute she looks! It's an easy and casual look that totally is great for summer.



"OMG". I can't resist adding a fedora to a modern, trendy outfit to keep it chic as hell. The model in this pic looks gorg and her outfit is crisp and could be seen anywhere from the street, to the beach, to a little cafe in New York. She looks frickin amazing. Notice how her clothes are tight and feminine and the hat adds just a bit of tomboy cool.



Going swimming? Bring a hat! I suggest a cowboy hat or a fedora and especially a floppy hat. But, if you have a really trendy swimsuit, you can even wear a snapback.


Well, girls, I hoped this helped! I know after researching this topic, I can't wait to buy a cute fedora, floppy hat and even a sweet cowgirl hat.

Thanks for reading babes!

P.S. Check out my other posts for summer, including a guide to finding the best swimsuit for your body types, rompers, sunglasses and more. I redesigned my website, so I hope y'all like it!
Comment with any questions, concerns, suggestions or things you wanna see me write next. Please, look at the poll to your right and fill it in.

xx
Mata.


No comments:

Post a Comment