Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

How to Wear a Pleated Skirt:The Pleat Cheat Sheet

As this schoolgirl signature makes a high fashion debut, we are left with the question: what to wear with it? Well, ladies, that's where I was too. And after a bit of research and trails, I've got an answer, or, well, answers. So, let's talk pleated skirts, ladies.



1. Colored! As pleated skirts love all the attention, buy a colored one and frame it with neutral colors.



2. High waisted: Really highlight your waist AND flatter your bum with this simple look. Just tuck in a tight shirt, maybe tie a thin belt around your waist and you're golden!

3. Let's talk shoes: Heels, booties, a sleek pair of pumps... All would look fabulous.AVOID: Boots and flats. Boots don't at all go with the style of the pleat, and flats often look..Just too much. Heels are the very best choice in my opinion. But, some edgy booties are perfect as well.

4.Stripes: Since the pleats are going vertically a horizontal stripe is the perfect choice! Especially like in the picture with such a beautiful color combo.

5. Keep everything around it nice and tight! Achieve chic and  avoid frump with a nice tucked in blouse.

6: Belts! A thin belt is the best to really highlight your waist and bring your outfit together.

7. Scarf it out. Loop around your fav infinity scarf just so it touches the top of your skirt and you've got a chic, cute and gathered look perfect for going to school, work, the mall, or wherever you may need to rock it.

8. Graphic tee! Pair a fun (or nuetral) colored pleat with the (expressive)graphic tee of your choice and there you are, holy chic.

9.Crop top...Since we all would like to avoid looking like old Brittney Spears, I suggest a higher waisted skirt or a longer top to show just that peek of skin.

10. (patterned but mostly) polka dot pantyhose! Add a little fun and risk to your wardrobe by wearing these babes under your pleated skirt with a nice blouse tucked in... Defiantly added to my list!

Well, girls, I hope this helped! If you have any more questions, feel free to message me or comment..
Please, comment, +1, read more posts, do what you do.

I just made my own Facebook page, so if you could, give it a like, check it out, follow and/or chat me! I love to talk clothes with my girls: my fans.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mata-Dream/767894386578921?ref=hl
(Though you can't simply click the link and have it work [issue with my website] you can highlight it with your curser and click, so select it basically, and it will have the option that says "Go To..." and that, my lovely girls, is where you'll find me! Thank you so very much.)
Thank you
Stay Fabulous

xx
Mata.

1 comment: